Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Day #1634

June 22, 2018 

Remembering mom on the 10th anniversary of her death:

Mom, I wish I could tell you this in person. I would love to have a few more minutes, another day, one last hug. But it is not to be, as I'm remembering that you took your last breath on earth ten years ago today. You and I had so many conversations that I’m grateful for – I told you how much you mean to me, how I love you, how I would miss you. We were able to laugh together, to pick on one another, to even lose patience with one another, and to know that we loved each other more than words could say. You were and always will be my best cheerleader and encourager, an example of generosity beyond compare, a kicker of pants when I needed it, and unlike any other person ever will be for me. The word mom says it all – none can compare. Please know that! The good news, however, is that faith tells me we will be gathered together again with Jesus – all believers - and that Jesus is caring for you now in a way I never could. I trust that while I miss you like crazy, you are ok. A LOT has happened in 10 years (I kept my promise!!) and so much has changed. The mountains you always loved, even though these are different than you ever saw, I am fortunate to see every day and always think of you. May you be resting high on that mountain, safe in the arms of God. I love you, mom!!! Always will!!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment