Sunday, July 23, 2017

Day #1292

July 15, 2017 

A very sad day. Perhaps the man most responsible for helping me develop as a “customer service” employee died today. As a man who could be bigger than life, tough as nails, with a heart as big as the state where I live, very financially savvy, and who taught me so much about how to make others feel welcome, he will always hold a place in my heart that today seems horribly empty. 

This man’s path and mine crossed in a way that I had no idea would make the impact it did on May 25, 1980. He and his family and I joined the same congregation on the same day. We would serve together on committees, work together in the insurance agency he began with another dear man who died many years ago, and he helped my husband and me financially in ways that we can never sufficiently express our thanks.

It goes without saying that Ron will be missed by many - his life intersected with probably thousands. I’m honored my life, and my husband’s, are two of those. I am praying for his family, his friends, his congregation (the people with whom he deeply loved and served faithfully), his employees and his clients. 

Well done, good and faithful servant. You lived your dash to the fullest! And you will be missed!!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment