Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Day #1277

June 30, 2017

This day marks the final one for Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg (LTSG). Tomorrow it becomes United Lutheran Seminary, as LTSG merges with Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia. Things will never be quite the same as when I was fortunate enough to be educated there from 2004-2008. I learned so much, met some wonderful people, made lifelong friends (like our Godson’s mom - and dad), and will be forever grateful for how my heart and mind were stretched.

One of my colleagues, Andrew, posted the following on FaceBook:
Today is the last day of Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg my alma mater, class of 2010. It is merging to become United Lutheran Seminary. I'll be honest; I'm not thrilled with the new name, such is life. However after speaking with Martin and Angela this past week I am excited for its future. I am excited enrollment is up. I am excited that United can offer full tuition scholarships to students and reduce student debt. I am excited that the seminary is on good financial ground and will serve its students better through good use of technology and stewardship of people and resources. I am excited that they will be ready to help form leaders for tomorrow's church. So on the whole I won't gripe about the name anymore, but give thanks that God has allowed my old school to be reborn into something good.
It’s another way of looking at the upcoming change. A hopeful way. And while there are many things that cause concern for the future, I pray for the new seminary and those who will be fortunate enough themselves to go through the process of education there. 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment