Friday, September 2, 2016

Day #971

August 28, 2016 

This from Richard Rohr as he writes this week about life: "getting, attaining, achieving, performing, or succeeding [..] tend to pander to the ego. It is much more about letting go—letting go of what we don’t need anyway."

Many times I have heard folks lament - I just need more faith. Or maybe, I would like to know more about how to get more faith. Or maybe, how can I do more to please God? All of those seem to be more about what we can do more to get more or achieve more or succeed as a better Christian or person. 

It’s so easy to get trapped into thinking we have to do more to get more of God’s approval or even of God’s grace. That somehow it's really up to us to ultimately save ourselves. What Richard Rohr seems to be saying, it’s more about letting go - of what I want, what I think I need, what I can get out of life or things, etc. Therefore, letting go is so that we can be more attune to what God has already provided - grace beyond measure. And love beyond end. For us and for all others.

Hmmm…lots to think about and trust God for. 

And then, with a grin on my face I begin some vacation time. I’m thinking it’s time to “let go” of the schedules, concerns, etc. and “achieve” some relaxation. :-)

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment