Friday, July 15, 2016

Day #924

July 12, 2016

Some days it’s just fun to help brighten someone’s day.

At the grocery, the checker picked on me as I tried to make sure the dented milk carton wasn’t leaking. I'm holding it up and looking at the bottom, probably with a puzzled look on my face, when he says, "It’s milk, ma’am." Hesitating for just a second, I looked at him and said, "I know, I’m just trying to figure out how to get the milk out of it" and made a motion at the bottom of the carton like I was milking a cow.

Fortunately, he responded by laughing - a big, hearty laugh. "I just love my customers. Sometimes it’s even worth coming to work," he said. "I understand," I said, "sometimes it’s even worth coming to this store."

We were both smiling when I left. Day brightened - for both of us!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment