Saturday, July 9, 2016

Day #920

July 8, 2016

As the day unfolded and I began to read FaceBook posts and news feeds, I once again lamented. It was another moment of feeling helpless. Of knowing there has to be an end to the violence. Of wondering if my prayers - and the prayers of thousands - are getting past the ceiling. Trusting that they are, but wondering deep in my soul when we will learn. When will we stop killing each other?!?!

How does God do it? How does God keep loving us in the face of such anger/hate/retaliation/anti-God? How do we keep putting one foot in front of the other - living through the fear? What can I do? Is there anything that I can do?

Yes!! Never give up hope, that’s one thing. Never stop praying, that’s another. Do all I can to show love, be love, live love, is certainly one. Encourage others to do the same, there’s one more. And I'm sure there are many, many more.

I deeply believe and trust that perfect love does cast out fear - and hate. God is in the world - through us and in us. Lord, have mercy - in our hearts and through our hands!!

Blessings. And deep, abiding prayers for all those who mourn - the families, friends, communities. I cannot imagine what the dawning of a new day feels like in the face of this past week's tragedies! Prayers - yes, prayers - for all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment