Saturday, October 2, 2021

Day #2831

October 1, 2021

Warning - rant coming! You may want to skip today. 😏


As I listened to another argument at a public forum over whether or not to wear masks, I found myself getting more and more frustrated. I just do not understand. What makes masks such a point of contention? Is it really scientific research, or is it stubbornness and selfishness?! 


Let me say I do not like wearing a mask. I find it confining and sometimes it does make breathing difficult. And, I also confess, I am not as diligent now in wearing one as I was year ago. But I understand the argument for wearing them. Surely there has to be some benefit!


Which makes me wonder, what if the argument was about wearing shoes? Would someone as vehemently argue that no one should have the right to tell another person they have to wear shoes in public? That it is my decision whether or not to protect my feet. After all, doesn't research and experience show that wearing (some) shoes eventually hurts your feet by causing blisters, bone changes, stunting growth and overall is just plain silly. Hmmm....I actually wonder if that ever was an argument. There used to be signs: “no shirt, no shoes, no service.” Who had the right to post such a thing!?


It also occurs to me that maybe that is why sandals were invented. People wanted their toes to breath, like the folks who wear their mask over their mouth, but not their nose. 😉


Okay, the rant is over. I must say, I feel a tad better putting the problem on my feet instead of my face, because it helped put things in perspective for me. Maybe it helps you, also. After all, I do not think the argument is going to be settled anytime soon. 😢


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment