Monday, October 26, 2020

Day #2487

October 22, 2020 

Warning - somewhat of a rant coming..


Well, it finally happened. I finally lost my cool with someone not wearing their mask. Hubby and I had gone to get a quick lunch. We went when there should not have been a crowd to a place we know requires masks and distance and sanitizing. Today was no exception. We had a good lunch and on the way out, a couple coming in were without masks. After giving the employee a hard time, they decided to leave. I went out with them and said, “I’m glad you aren’t eating here.” “Why, did they give you a hard time, too.” “No,” I said sternly, “I’m wearing a mask.” Well, it went downhill from there. As we went across the parking lot, they got more obnoxious (maybe I did a little, too - although I did say to kiss my FOOT). Anyway, the last comment I heard from them was, “I’m not sick. You’re the sick one - sick in the head for wearing the mask.”


Well, there you go. When I got to the office, I called the place where we had eaten and thanked them for requiring masks. “We get 2-3 of those a day,” he said. “Thank you for calling and letting us know we are appreciated for doing the right thing.” 


Now, the rant: when will this name calling and mask war be over? How hard is it to just wear a mask? Is it really about your personal freedom or just your personal stubbornness? Perhaps if we would walk with a healthcare worker for a day, we might have a little more tolerance, understanding, and wisdom. Please, because we have science that proves it helps, wear a mask. And if we find out at some later point that it really doesn’t help, well, we all just look a little silly. But please wear one until we know more about ways to help protect one another. You are that important to me - even if you call me names and shoot me the bird. Lastly, if you insist on not wearing a mask, how about you stay out of places that say - no entry without a mask! There’s a reason the sign is there - they care about others. 


Rant over. Thanks!


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment