Monday, June 20, 2016

Day #899

June 17, 2016

This from Daily Grace seemed important to share:
Stewardship often begins with the question “How do I use my gifts to benefit the common good?”
We even ask it of others to help them get more involved. How can she use her gifts to benefit our common good? We should be careful, though, or else we’ll use this question to avoid change.
Instead of trying to squeeze each other’s gifts into an old vision of the “common good,” what if we asked each other, “How is my vision of the common good changing because of the gifts someone else brings?”
This excerpt is from “Gifts that Shape the Common Good” by Emma Crossen, from the March/April 2014 issue of Interchange.
“How might my vision of the common good change because of the gifts someone else brings?” Great question to ponder - even if a little frightening. And as I was recently reminded, even the word “change” can incite fear/frustration.

A great reminder to me - avoid the word...but never the concept. :-)

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment