Friday, May 13, 2016

Day #863

May 12, 2016

Today I had a first in ministry. I made a visit to the hospital for someone I had not met. As I entered the room, I asked the hospital personnel working with them if this was the patient I was seeking. Yes, they said, so I introduced myself as their child’s pastor, talked with them for a few minutes, and prayed with them – using the name of the person I meant to visit.

After I left, I made a phone call to the person I know, telling them I had visited and was sorry I missed them. Later, I received a call back. They said: I was sure I heard your voice saying my name from down the hall. So I asked, what room is your loved one in? Sure enough, it’s two doors down from the person I visited.

Ooops! So my first was praying for the “right” person while holding the hand of someone else. Oh my! Fortunately we had a good chuckle and I have to trust God got it all straight.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment