Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Day #588

August 11, 2015

There are many risks in life, most of which are attached to consequences of some sort. For example, take a risk and drive while under the influence of alcohol and the consequences could be dire.

Okay, that may be an extreme example. What is on my mind right now is more the risk of being “public” with thoughts and prayers. Certainly I trust that the folks who regularly read this blog (and thank you for doing so!!!) have my best interests at heart. But realizing that there have been over 8,000 (eight thousand!) views since I began (only a portion of which are my own to look up something, etc) means that lots more people see this than I can imagine. I am humbled by that. Truly!

Suffice it to say that I see it somewhat as a risk to be this public about my thoughts and my prayers. However, I also know that by taking the risk to be public, especially regarding my prayer concerns, means that not only am I open to the consequence of being vulnerable, I am also open to the consequence (hope) that many others add my concerns to their prayers, too. And who knows (only God) what the result of that can be!?

So thank you to those who have included my concern over my dear friend to their prayers. And who reach out to me in support. What a gift and blessing!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment