Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Day #579

August 2, 2015

In a recent conversation, I listened to deep fear as someone was worried about not doing what God wants them to do. They shared how they are concerned almost to hopelessness that they will be turned away by God because of not getting the message out as God wants them to.

I have thought about this conversation a lot. I suppose what troubles me is their stressing about whether they are living their faith as God wants them to. I understand wanting to be faithful in responding to what God wants me to do, but where is the line between stressing I am not enough and trusting that God IS working through me, even when I don’t realize I’m being used by God as a reflector.

I suppose many of us worry about whether we do enough or do what we do correctly, but that is where God’s grace comes in. More importantly, that’s where who God is comes in. God is God, as they say, and I am not. Do I trust in God’s promise to claim me as a child of the Kingdom instead of worrying over how I’m working to earn God’s acceptance? Hmmm....


Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment