Thursday, July 7, 2022

Day #3059

May 17, 2022

This week’s Tuesday’s Thoughts on Scripture comes from the Gospel of John, chapter 14, verse 27: Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid. (NRSV)


When you read the word “peace,” what comes to mind? Is it lack of worry about the future because you have enough money, health, family, etc.? Is it no war in the world or everyone having the ability to live a mercy-filled life? Is it everyone getting along - no more arguing or fighting? 


These are all ideas of peace, yet they really are the world’s ideas of peace, aren’t they? Which begs the question, what does Christ’s peace look like? What comes to my mind is being able to trust that God is who God says and Jesus is the personification of God. That trust brings a peace that frees me from concern to “save” myself, be good enough, do enough, etc. And no one has been able to give that to me except Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit. 


Thank you, God, for those moments you provide the grace and trust to not let my heart be troubled. What a gift!


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment