Saturday, May 9, 2020

Day #2314

May 2, 2020

Warning - a rant is ahead. 

The state has been invited to move into re-opening based on a Phase 1, slow and cautious, protocol. Think physical distancing - 6 feet between folks, wear a mask for the safety of others, only so many in a store/business at a time based on its size, stay home if you have symptoms. Much of what we have been doing in places like grocery stores and "essential" places, but now more things are opening. 

Now, here’s the rant part - people are acting as if there is absolutely nothing going on and we are back to normal - crisis over and averted. Folks were trying to get in my personal bubble space (which is rather small for me, but that is beside the point), never mind staying six feet away. Hubby and I were part of only a very few wearing masks. Number restrictions?! Really, there are?! So…either I will be sorry one day for being out and about, even with trying to remain cautious, or I will be found to have been overreacting all along. But here is the thing: it’s not for my safety that I try to follow protocol. It is for the other folks. So I wonder, when did we as a people become so self-centered?! Wait, duh, isn’t that the definition of SIN - it’s all about me?!?!

Rant over, with an apology for voicing my frustration. Now here is the upside - I was able to run into a couple folks at the grocery that I know and to say hi, from behind my mask, and see the smile in their eyes. Nice!! Really nice!

Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment