Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Day #2273

March 22, 2020

This was shared in Guideposts magazine from pocket.praise and it was just what I needed at the end of today: “Sometimes God will put a Goliath in your life for you to find a David within you.”

The Goliath was the difficulty I had in uploading a video recording of a worship service for the website. I began last night trying to upload the recording and it simply would not work. I did what I always do, but received an error message. I tried again. And again. I tried changing the length of the video. I tried closing the app and reopening it. I tried begging (yes, I know it’s a machine and begging doesn’t affect it, but I was desperate). I tried praying over it. I tried walking away for a while. I did everything I knew to do and finally had to give up last night. This morning didn’t start out much different. Until it finally worked. And I cried. Real tears of relief! I suppose finding the David within me was about not giving up. Or maybe it was just plain being stubborn. After all, there are a LOT of "I" statements in that story. 

Also, remember that market who was “flash mob shopped” (see Day #2244). Well, they have decided to stop all of their advertising in order to redirect that portion of their budget toward donations and products for local food banks, meal programs and others in need at this time. They only ask for folks to keep them in mind when recommending grocers to family and friends. WOW! What a gift to the community! Better believe the community will remember this act of sharing. 

I am encouraged and uplifted by so many good things happening in the midst of what seems like only darkness. Nope!! God is with us, and the Light shines. 

Blessings. And prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment