Saturday, March 14, 2020

Day #2259

March 8, 2020 

Just as I thought - first Holy Communion class (see Day #2256) is awesome. One of my favorite parts of the first class is the “field trip” to the sanctuary. I have them look around and tell me ways folks can “see” Jesus in this space and ways they hear about Jesus in worship. Then I explain the “church” word for items, like sanctuary, font, sacristy, altar, etc. It’s always enjoyable to see their excitement and watch them learn. 

Also, a shoutout on International Women’s Day to all the hard-working women who seek to bring gender equality for all! I personally am grateful for those who blazed a trail in helping women be accepted in the workplace, the pulpit and more. And to those who currently seem to “do it all” - work, raise children, volunteer, be friends, care for extended families, etc., with finesse and grace - you are my heroes! God bless and keep you all!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment