Saturday, January 4, 2020

Day #2195

January 4, 2020

The word for the day - windy! The tumbleweeds are tumbling, the dust is flying, the Tyvek on the new home being constructed across the street is flapping, and the dog is restless. What a day!

Then I remember the fires in Australia, the unrest in the middle east, those who are hungry and homeless, the fear that fills the hearts of many, and I am reminded to pause and pray: Almighty God, while I anxiously watch the affects of the wind from the comfort of my home, I am reminded of the many who are without four walls of protection. Give me empathy for those without peace or sufficient supplies for their needs. Inspire me with ideas for ways to be of help. Mostly, however, I pray for you to grant your hope to the hopeless, your calm to those who are afraid, your desire for mercy to those who make decisions, your Light to those who are in darkness, and your help for me to trust your presence in the future and for whatever comes. Amen. 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment