Saturday, June 8, 2019

Day #1971

May 25, 2019 

May 25 is a special day in my life. An important day in my life. Perhaps the most important day, other than my birth. This is the anniversary of my baptism. So Happy Baptism Birthday to me, along with a deep appreciation and awe for God’s welcoming me into the Kingdom!

Here’s a Simon does - a picture of him at the end of his soccer season (that actually came on Wednesday, but I missed sharing it). Looks like he had a great time - and grew A LOT!


Lastly, something happened that gave me a renewed appreciation for folks trying to keep their young ones quiet - in worship, in public, wherever. I do realize it’s difficult to keep another being quiet when they are excited, but you may be wondering what happened? Well, we took the pup for daycare at his favorite place. He was so excited he kept barking - quite loudly - as we waited to get checked in. I tried as hard as I could to quiet him, but he wanted to be acknowledged by the woman behind the counter who was busy helping someone else. I was frustrated (wish I had thought to take him outside), especially as she reprimanded me for not keeping him quiet, with looks and with words. I was so embarrassed that I thought seriously about us never taking him back. I’m certain I will go back (he loves it there), but I do hope it’s not when she is working the counter. Either way, this feeling is something I hope I remember the next time I witness someone struggling with another’s behavior, so that I will demonstrate tolerance.  

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment