Saturday, March 23, 2019

Day #1904

March 19, 2019

Tuesday’s Thoughts About Scripture comes from 1 Corinthians 10.13: “No testing has overtaken you that is not common to everyone. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it.” (NRSV)

Perhaps you have heard the saying: God doesn’t put more on us than we can handle (a phrase not found in scripture, by the way). I think this is something someone decided is the case after reading the verse above. But I believe that isn’t what this is saying, mostly because I don’t think I could handle anything without God’s strength being in me. No testing, no trial, no crisis, no endeavor has been accomplished or survived in my life, I believe, without the grace of God. Even before I understood grace, accepted it, or believed in it. 

So, in the end, I believe that no testing, or situation, could come without the ability to endure it, because we never face anything alone. God is always with us, always providing a way to endure whatever comes our way.  

Almighty God, give us strength in the midst of all the trials and tribulations of our life. We trust you to be with us, helping us, always. Amen.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment