Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Day #1883

February 26, 2019

The Tuesday’s Thoughts on Scripture before Transfiguration Sunday comes from Exodus 34:29b: Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because he had been talking with God. (NRSV)

Being in the presence of God transfigured Moses’ face in a similar fashion as to how Jesus was transfigured on the mountain after praying with his disciples. The difference, of course, was that Jesus was not in the presence of God, he IS God. 

The scripture above made me think of a boss I once had. He asked me one Monday how my weekend had gone. I had attended a Via de Cristo retreat, spending time with God and others in an intentional way of listening, learning and sharing. The more I talked with him about my weekend, the bigger his smile became. Finally, I asked him why he was smiling. He told me it was because of how happy I looked at telling him about my faith and the weekend’s experience. Now, I’m not thinking my face actually shone, but it certainly seemed to reflect my experience.

Does your face shine as you speak about God and God’s presence in your life? I imagine it does, for Christ is shining through you.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment