Saturday, March 23, 2019

Day #1897

March 12, 2019

The Tuesday Thoughts on Scripture comes from Psalm 27.9: “Do not hide your face from me. Do not turn your servant away in anger, you who have been my help. Do not cast me off, do not forsake me, O God of my salvation!” (NRSV)

Where would we go if it wasn’t for our faith? What do folks do who don’t have faith? How do they survive the crises? 

Have you ever heard these questions or ones like them? Maybe you have asked something similar? Certainly the writer of this Psalm seems to be in need of assurance for the trials of what lies ahead. Yet, perhaps this is less about questioning the faithfulness of God and more about learning to rely on God’s faithfulness. You have been my help, O God of my salvation - we can see God's presence when we look backward (hindsight is usually 20/20). But into the future, God, please do not turn away, cast me off or forsake me. We can be nervous, wondering whether God will be present in the days ahead, when we might really need God

There is no reason to think God might turn away! None at all! Help us, O Lord, in our moments of doubt to regain our trust. Amen.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment