Sunday, February 17, 2019

Day #1869

February 12, 2019 

Tuesday’s Thoughts on Scripture comes from Jeremiah 17:7: Blessed are those who trust in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. (NRSV)

Trust is defined as: “firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.” Have you ever played the game where you close your eyes and fall backward, trusting that your teammates will catch you? I really stink at that game. I have a fear of falling, and trusting someone to catch me that I cannot see takes me to the brink of panic. Yet, when I have been able to overcome that fear and rejoiced that someone does “have my back,” so to speak, I am filled with gratitude for them. 

Therefore, to realize that the Lord deserves our trust, has our back, will never falter in watching out for us and being there for us, gives me great joy. To think that the Lord is that truth, that strength, also gives me pause. For when I think of being blessed in the sense that the Lord’s face is turned toward me, what more could I hope for? What more do I need? 

Each of us has a firm belief in something. My prayer is that my firm belief is and always will be in the Lord! 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment