Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Day #1846

January 20, 2019 

So I wanted to give a follow-up on the “gift card” idea for the Children's Message. One of the youth told me after I handed their card to them, “I don’t want this one.” Ok, I said, how about this one, and I handed them a card with a gift I also thought appropriate for them. 

It was then I thought about how “real” this response was. God places gifts in us, but we may think we do not want them. Not this gift, God. Please, I want something else - how many of us have had those type of thoughts. After all, that’s some of what the Tuesday Thoughts on Scripture (see Day #1841) was about. 

Yet, with time, we may come to be as thankful for the gift we were given as we were hesitant about it at first. Guess God knows best after all, right?!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment