Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Day #1847

January 21, 2019

I have a confession. At nearly the first thing our speaker said at the monthly Young at Heart program, my mind wandered. What did he just say? This man who was born in 1944 in a concentration camp just said he was grateful for that experience. Surely he’s kidding! But then I heard him say something like: without that experience, I wouldn’t be here with you today. 

Now I was thinking about some of my own experiences. Each one, the good ones and the challenging ones, has somehow contributed to where I am, and where my husband and I are, today. Perhaps at the time I wondered if we would survive. Sometimes I wondered how I could possibly use the experience’s lesson at a later time (and maybe I haven’t yet), but yet each event leaves a mark that contributes to the whole. 

I hope I remember his comment the next time something happens that makes me wonder what in the world is going on. First I hope to be thankful for the experience, and then to trust it’s just a part of the whole of my life, helping mold me into who God wants me to be. 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment