Saturday, August 18, 2018

Day #1684

August 11, 2018 

When I was in seminary, there was a tremendous (yes, that’s the word!) amount of reading that was expected of each student. At the time, I can’t say I appreciated it very much. I mean, I like to read, but being somewhat forced to do so became tedious. Less fun. 

Anyway, with all that required reading, the professors built into each semester a day or two called Reading Days. They were complete days without class or other duties set aside simply for time to read. 

Well, a day off usually meant I did something other than read, I must admit, but today I claimed one of those days and spent it mostly just reading. Glorious reading of something I wasn’t required to devour, but something fun and entertaining. 

Maybe I should intentionally build more of these type days into my schedule. Hmmm….once a quarter might actually be a good idea! After all, it was a really refreshing day. 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment