Saturday, January 7, 2017

Day #1103

January 7, 2017

Something (a suggested practice) from Richard Rohr that might be helpful for all of us as we begin a new year:
Affirmations: All of creation and each of us have received original blessing. Yet we have been conditioned to focus on the negative in ourselves and others. Think of a negative phrase you have said aloud or thought to yourself that stems from a sense of shame rather than your inherent dignity. Turn it upside down and say, in first person, present tense, an affirmation of your God-given value. For example: 
  • I am unlovable. . . . I am infinitely loved. 
  • I don’t have enough. . . . I have everything I need. 
  • I am stupid. . . . I have the mind of Christ.
  • I am worthless. . . . I am precious in God’s eyes, I am honored, and God loves me.
Repeat the positive statement aloud, slowly, with intention and trust, several times. Then rest silently in the awareness that you are already and forever, without any effort or achievement on your part, a beloved child of God.
Thank you for the reminder - and the practice. And may we also see these affirmations in others. 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment