Friday, January 20, 2017

Day #1115

January 19, 2017 

First, these words from David Scherer, Contextual Learning Coordinator, Luther Seminary, in the devotion God Pause that I believe speak loudly to hope:
God, help me believe in the sun, even when it is not shining. God, help me believe in love, even when I don't feel it. God, help me believe in you, even when you are silent. Amen (adapted from words found on a wall at Auschwitz). 
Then on a hospital visit, I randomly ran into an acquaintance who was lost. As they were wandering the halls, they seemed very happy to see a familiar face. What are the odds, however, that they were looking to visit the exact person I was. Stick with me, I said, and I’ll get you where you want to go. What joy to help ease someone’s angst, and to see the happiness on the face of the person we were visiting when both of us came into the room. It’s good to be in the right place at the right time.   

And one more - saying thank you to several council members who have completed their terms and will not be continuing. Thank you for your devotion, your love of God and the place where we are called to worship and serve, and for saying yes when asked many years ago. 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment