Saturday, January 23, 2016

Day #746

January 16, 2016

First Corinthians, chapter 12, is about spiritual gifts. There are different gifts and different ministries, but the same Lord. And each of us is given gifts and talents (yes, every one of us has gifts and talents!) that are to be used for the common good. So this from the “think” portion of d365 caused me to think: “Are there dormant gifts in me that Jesus will use to cause people to say, “You have kept the good wine until now”?” (This is a nod to the second chapter of the Gospel of John and Jesus’ first “sign” of changing water into wine.)

I had to wonder: am I headed toward being better “wine” in my own life (the wine from the water Jesus turned was the best - saved for the last instead of being used first)? Is the best yet to be in me? I certainly hope so!! I believe God surely isn’t finished with me, but is always transforming me. And thanks be to God for that! Thanks be to God for always transforming all of us.

So I join with Deborah Guy in praying:
Dear Jesus, thank you for not holding back your goodness! Help me not to hold back with the gifts you’ve given me. Keep working in me, transforming me for your glory. Amen.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment