Friday, August 22, 2014

Day #234

August 22, 2014

I was hoping I might miss the whole “ALS Ice Bucket” challenge that is happening right now, but I was not so lucky. :-) What a phenomenon this has become! What a helpful use it is of the whole social media boom!

In trying to decide about this, an idea came to me. After all, two people I have known, thus far, have had this terrible, debilitating disease. David and Philip didn’t live to see this outpouring of support and hope in raising awareness and working toward, one day, a cure. So since I can do this little bit, I will.

Yet, I won’t do it alone! Nope. I’ve challenged the church to participate. Yep, for a donation of $1.00 per ticket, for as many as you want to buy, you can have a chance to be the one to douse me with the bucket of ice water. In other words, I’ll take the water (once!) if the church will make the donation!

So there it is! The challenge. After worship on Sunday, August 24th, come and buy a chance to be the one to “dunk” the pastor.

Now, I am excited to say there will be another event that day. One of our youth is being baptized (not “dunked” and not with ice water!) during worship. So, please note, just to be clear, this event afterward will in no way be more important or more life-giving than his baptism. It’s truly his day in this important step of faith!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment