Friday, August 22, 2014

Day #229

August 17, 2014

A couple offered to help me today. Without being asked, without being made to feel obligated, they just offered. It made all the difference for how tomorrow will go. “Let me take this off you,” was the way it was presented. Wow! I was almost speechless with appreciation.

Later, however, I discovered another couple offered the opposite today. Instead of help or encouragement, what was offered was a criticism for something that did not get done yesterday (see Day #228 for the events of the day). Wow! I was almost speechless with despair.

Someone once said it takes many (I can’t remember if 10, a dozen, 20, guess the number isn’t important) words of encouragement to undo one criticism. I sure felt that today.

Yet, in the midst of both, faith reminds me it’s not all about me. And all will be well!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment