Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day #223

August 11, 2014

My heart was heavy today! Actor Robin Williams was found dead this morning from an apparent suicide. One of the most amazing talents of my era, I’ve liked his work ever since I began watching him on a silly television show called Mork and Mindy. He was almost like a distant member of my family - a crazy, wacky uncle I watched and admired from a distance. I was always in awe of his ability to do improv and make people laugh. Except, what burdens he must have been carrying!

It made me think again about day #220. If only… Did Robin Williams not have anyone he felt would listen? Did he not feel anyone cared? Did he just get tired and was afraid to ask for the help he desperately needed? Did the disease just become too much?

We may never know the answers, nor may his family. But it reminds me, is there someone close by struggling similarly? Probably more are than I realize. Lord, have mercy! And if I can be the one to help by listening or showing I care, help me, Lord, to do so!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment