Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Day #2702

May 25, 2021 

Tuesday’s Thoughts on Scripture comes from Isaiah 6:8: Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I; send me!” (NRSV) 


Many years ago (about 40) I heard for the first time the hymn, Here I Am, Lord, written by Dan Schutte.  If you have never heard the hymn, you can listen to it here: Here I Am, Lord


The hymn made me cry then and still does today. It was one of the first times I thought God might be calling me to be a pastor. Why not me? Better yet, why not you? Maybe not to be a pastor, but to be a voice for God and God’s love, certainly. 


Whom shall God send? Here I am. Send me. Send you. There is certainly plenty to do and say.


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment