Friday, September 8, 2017

Day #1344

September 5, 2017

Speaking of obedience (see Day #1343), I have a story to tell of the lack of mine.

I was stopped today for violation of a city ordinance...I was using a cellphone while driving. Here’s the rest of the story - while parked, I had put the address of my next stop in my maps app. As I headed there, while stopped at a light, I checked my phone to make certain of the next turn. And, I must admit, took a quick look at a reply text to one I had sent, also while parked. As the light turned green and I began to move with traffic, I noticed a policeman pull behind me and turn on his lights. I knew I had been seen, but was still thinking that being stopped at the light would make it ok. Maybe I would get a warning. Well, I pulled into a parking lot and, long story short, it wasn’t ok that I was at a light at all. The rule is the rule - no, absolutely no, use of the cellphone while driving. When the policeman handed me the ticket, he explained I needed to go to the city court office and possibly appear before the judge. Well, that sent me over the edge. I’ve never gotten into this kind of situation before. And hope I never, ever do again. 

So, if you see my name in the city paper for a violation, that is the story. Guilty, embarrassed, angry, frustrated, chagrined, even frightened - you name it and I’ve experienced it today. Please learn from my mistake - no cellphone usage while in the running car, unless parked by the side of the road. Better safe than sorry.  

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment