Saturday, May 2, 2015

Day #483

April 28, 2015

I may have said this before, but it has been reinforced at the workshop. The saying is true: "People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care."

When it comes down to it, people basically just want/need to be loved. They want to know their pastor cares about them, prays for them, and is available to/for them. And I believe one basic way of letting people know you care is by listening to them. I know that means a lot to me.

Really listening, however, is hard work. But, oh so rewarding. While I think I’m a good listener, there is always room for improvement. So...if there is nothing else I take away from this time of retreat, a reminder to refocus and be intentional in listening/caring for those in the congregation I serve was worth the trip and the time!

Because I do care! And I also want to say how thankful I am I have had caring pastoral models to learn from. What a gift they have been!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment