Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Day #276

October 3, 2014

The phone rang early this morning. Very early. One of the homebound folks I have been visiting for the last several years was at the hospital and not expected to live very long. Unfortunately, I was about three hours from being able to get there. So I got ready as quickly as possible and drove as quickly as possible and arrived just after she died.

Holy ground! To be privileged and honored to be with a family during this time is one of the greatest gifts of being a pastor. And I am privileged and honored to be able to lead her funeral service. All worked out as I believe she would have wanted it.

Thank you Miss Lena for enjoying my visits, the crochet cloths, the stories, and the wisdom of 97 years. You will be missed, but never forgotten!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment