Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day #133

May 13, 2014

I warned you yesterday when I said I would probably talk again about thankfulness. Well, today I am thankful there is a discretionary account at our congregation. This means that when someone calls, like they did today, and needs help with something like groceries because they are hungry and without, we/I can help. What a joy! What good stewardship!

There is a double-edged thankfulness, however. Someone (actually more than one) was blessed beyond their expectations and recently helped re-fund the account. Little could they know how timely this was and the degree to which it could help someone else by being passed along.

So, as the gift went out, my prayer is that the recipient may know the grace of God, the abundance of God’s blessing, and our thankfulness and joy in being able to share God’s bounty.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment