Saturday, March 26, 2022

Day #2999

March 18, 2022

I had an interesting conversation today with someone whose spouse suffers from a long-term debilitating illness. They confessed that if they had known what was coming, they might have run a long time ago. I understood their comment, yet I wondered about the truth of their statement.


Perhaps we do wish we had quit something yesterday - our job, our relationship, our classes. When the going is tough, it can make us wonder if we might have avoided heartache if we had “checked out” sooner. Yet, in trying to avoid the pain, we might also avoid some wonderful times. In fact, we might even miss the best times. 


I am glad our conversation reminded me that knowing the future is probably not a good thing. Certainly God knew best by being the only one to really know what lies ahead, but who promises to be with us no matter what comes. 


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment