Thursday, November 7, 2019

Day #2129

October 30, 2019 

Jesus’ “Sermon on the Plain” in the Gospel of Luke, chapter 6, inspired some good discussion at a Bible Study today. What in the world is Jesus thinking, blessing the poor and bringing woe to the satisfied?!?! What is “fair” about that?!?!

Well, nothing, of course. Yet, I’m thankful that God isn’t “fair!” If God was, then I would be in big trouble, because I “deserve” very little based on my actions alone. But then, shouldn’t I be less worried about another person getting their “just rewards?” Shouldn’t I, instead, simply be trusting God to deal with me fairly? I think so, as long as God deals with me based on God’s idea of fairness and not the world’s. In other words, comparing myself to someone else gets me nowhere with God. That's a big part of the grace of God, because God's grace has nothing to do with how my actions "stack up" to others, but what God does for me...and you! And because of that, I'm very thankful God is not fair!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment