Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Day #1267

June 20, 2017 

On what would have been my Mother’s 88th birthday, and two days before the 10th anniversary of her death-day, I couldn’t help but think of her as I took “store bought” snacks to a working group. It was something my mother would have never settled for and I can imagine her shaking her finger at me for doing so! 

Mom had a gift for hospitality when it came to feeding others, especially those working. One of my favorite remembrances of such was a time workers from the city were replacing some water pipes on her street. When she realized they were in front of her house, she quickly baked biscuits, put some ham in them, and took them out for their “break.” Let me tell you, after that, city workers loved working on mom's street and there seemed to be more accomplished near her house than any other in the neighborhood. 

Well, I’m sorry, mom, but that kind of hospitality just doesn’t seem to be one of the genes I inherited from you. Oh, mom, I sure do love and miss you!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment