Saturday, April 8, 2017

Day #1190

April 4, 2017

From “Daily Grace,” the Women of the ELCA daily blog, these words about doubt:
Doubt goes with us on our journey. Often, it doesn’t leave us even when we get to Easter. But doubt isn’t strong enough to keep Jesus in the grave. Jesus is risen, even though those closest to him denied him, doubted him and locked their doors. Even if we lock our doors, Jesus shows up. And he doesn’t just show up. He lets us, with Thomas (the Doubter), feel how his wounds connect with our pain and doubt. This message is an excerpt of “A geography of hope” by Elizabeth Hunter in the April 2017 issue of Gather magazine.
Thankfully doubt is not the opposite of belief. That is not my statement, but I am thankful for its truth and hope. For those moments when belief seems far away, I am grateful that God can handle our doubts and that Jesus shows up whether we ask or not, whether we doubt or not, whether we trust or not. 

Thank you, God, for helping me with my doubt and loving me in the midst of it.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment