Saturday, April 8, 2017

Day #1188

April 2, 2017

What a wonderful way to spend a part of Sunday - discussing the sacrament of Baptism in class and later talking with several folks about possibly becoming members of the congregation. Baptism - the sacrament that assures inclusion in the family of God. Membership - belonging with a certain group of people who are a part of the family of God and become like a human family through worshipping and serving together. 

Both of these have meant more to me than I can say in my adult life. I am thankful for the invitation that led to being baptized. I am grateful for the people I have met, known, loved and mourned through being a part of several congregations. 

I cannot imagine my life without either - or without being a disciple of Christ. And how wonderful to be a part of helping others receive the same. I am humbled.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment