Saturday, February 4, 2017

Day #1130

February 3, 2017

While running errands and interacting with various types of “service” folks, I was reminded how thankful I am to receive good service. Smiling, patiently answering questions, not appearing to be in a hurry or over-committed, are all ways that I would define good service. And being ignored, well, that heads my list of poor service “qualities.”

How much effort does it really take to make someone feel important? How difficult is it to smile, make eye contact, and in the process make someone’s day better? It’s certainly important to this customer, and a reminder that many others probably feel the same. 

Which begs the question, what sort of “service” do I provide when someone enters my office or the building for worship? Surely something to think about!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment