Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Day #1039

November 4, 2016 

For the month of November, our Godson’s mother is posting a daily “I’m thankful for” on FaceBook. Day #4 was a surprise to me, and one that almost left me speechless. So, because I am thankful for her, and I just have to share because it touched me so deeply, here is what Simon’s momma had to say:
Day #4: I'm grateful for Anna. God knew exactly what he was doing when he put us together in 2008 as we traveled to DC and then to all of our NC synod candidacy meetings. I could not imagine my life without your friendship. You are so caring, understanding, and non-judgmental. You support me through all the hard things that happen. You have faith in me when I don't and when I'm not sure I deserve it. AND you're good at math when I totally suck at it. Even though we are many, many states away as we both strive to follow Gods call, you are always near in my heart. Thanks for being my second momma and never giving up on me. I love you! Oh, and Daddy Doug isn't so bad either. 😀 
What can I say to that except, wow!? What a reminder that sometimes we mean more to someone else than we really know. So thank you for telling me! Now I hope to do better in letting others know how I feel about them.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment