Saturday, October 31, 2015

Day #666

October 28, 2015

Day number "666." I couldn't help but think, ewww! What a yucky number!

It brought back a memory from some point in my early life when I was told that this number might one day be branded on my skin - and that I should be very afraid of that happening.

Later I learned that was some kind of teaching based on an understanding of the book of Revelation that isn’t truth. There is nothing to fear in this "yucky" number! No, the "brand" that has been placed on me (and thousands of others) was made by God - a God of love and grace. It was placed there in baptism - as I was marked with the cross of Christ and sealed by the Holy Spirit. Forever!

Have no fear of what cannot/does not have power over us. Be that death, fear of separation, a number, etc. God is almighty and all-powerful! Amen!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment