Saturday, October 31, 2015

Day #665

October 27, 2015

Last Sunday was Reformation Sunday - this Sunday is All Saints. While some dread this day of remembering those who have died, I find hope and comfort. It’s not the end, even though it seems like it.

So I was taken aback when I read this question on a blog: “why do some die and others don’t?” I mean, ALL die. Eventually. I know the question is meant to be about why some die at certain times while others don’t - like in a tragic accident, natural disaster, or from certain diseases. I get that. But when I just glanced at the question, it made me stop and ponder: do we gloss over the reality of death in an attempt to defeat it?

Oh, but we don’t have to! The sting of death and its finality has been defeated in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Amen!

And that’s the hope and comfort I find in All Saints Sunday!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment