Monday, November 30, 2020

Day #2517

November 21, 2020

On this Satisfied Saturday, I am thankful for Rev. Elizabeth Platz. She is the first woman to be ordained in the Lutheran Church 50 years ago tomorrow. 


However, my thankfulness does not stop there. I am grateful for ALL the women who have followed the call to become pastors, and ALL the people who welcome and accept their ministry. There have been, and are, so many wonderful people who help shape and form me as a pastor (far too many to name individually), but I am grateful for each and every one. And I am also thankful for those who have been unable to accept a female in ministry. I learn from them, as well.


God bless you Rev. Platz. And thank you, God, for her and ALL those who follow in her footsteps. 


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment