Saturday, September 22, 2018

Day #1724

September 20, 2018 

Remember the game where someone took your hands and bent back your fingers until you couldn’t stand it anymore and cried UNCLE! Not a great game, not a great feeling. But while I hesitate to admit it, I’m almost at the crying uncle point this week. Another busy day from one thing to the next, with a couple more days looking similar, has me needing some “down time.” I know it, I can feel it, but it's not time yet.

As soon as those words hit the page, however, I feel bad for even having them, much less writing them. But….it’s also important to share that it is ok to need a break. That it is ok to feel overwhelmed. That it is good to know yourself and realize the signs of stress and overcommitment. 

There will be some “down time.” Some things that have been neglected will get done. And life will even out. 

Truth is, though, I love being busy and life really is good! And I'm never alone in the busy. Thanks be to God!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment