Friday, September 8, 2017

Day #1345

September 6, 2017 

Here’s the ticket saga (see Day #1344) day two - I went to the court office, waited in a long line, and found I did not have to appear before the judge. Thankful!!! "All" I needed to do was pay the fine - $215! Apparently not only is the city serious about the ordinance, but they want it to stick in your mind and pocketbook they are serious if it is violated. And if it happens again within two years there is a $300+ fine plus community service, but third time could mean losing your license. As I told the clerk who took my payment, I certainly do not intend to ever have to worry about time two or three's consequences!

If you’ve been following, please know I understand the importance of not texting while driving. I have seen what can happen, how lives can be devastated. It isn’t that I think the law isn’t a good one, I guess I just thought being stopped at a light made a difference. Nope! The law is the law.

I will also say that confession has been good for my soul. I have laughed in telling the story, been treated gently with sympathetic comments, and felt better to not try and hide my mistake but hopefully help someone else from making it, too. 

I’m not quite at the point of saying thank you to the policeman, but have definitely learned a lot in these last two days.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment