Saturday, September 2, 2017

Day #1338

August 30, 2017 

Not at all times am I easygoing and calm (some might say I'm hardly ever "easygoing"), but there was reason on this day. It began with my credit card being declined at the restaurant where we meet for Men’s Bible Study. Not only was it embarrassing, but I knew there was plenty of credit limit, so this must mean someone was trying to hack the account, right?! 

When I called the number that popped up on our online banking page, the most unhelpful person answered. That did not improve the situation! After some two minutes of back and forth with her declaring over and over she could not answer my questions and saying,  “you must step into a branch with your photo id," when I inquired as to what time the local branch opened and she was able to answer that question, I simply hung up. No polite "thank you so very much," just hung up. That seemed more pleasant than what I wanted to say. Anyway, I then drove to wait almost an hour at the “local branch.” I had to get to the bottom of this.

The local branch was able to help - somewhat - at least the person who helped me was more than pleasant. Anyway, the best I could understand, it seems that my call to the number with the unhelpful person triggered a fraud attempt. WHAT?!?! I only called the number because my card was, did I say, DECLINED! Easygoing and calm long being out the window, I was mad. I hate getting mad. I detest losing my patience. And I’m never proud of my reactions to doing so. After all, it often seems to make matters worse, like this time. So twenty minutes later, the credit card was cancelled and hopefully all is well.

Fortunately, the rest of the day wasn’t ruined - I refused to let it be. Humor, joy, learning, etc., were all a part of the rest of my day. And the bank...we’ll see how things go. I must say they are on "probation," as far as I’m concerned. :-)

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment