Friday, May 3, 2019

Day #1941

April 25, 2019 

It was brought home again today that sometimes folks just need to have someone listen to them. It had been a difficult day without much seeming to go as planned. I went into a restaurant to pick-up a takeout order and, no surprise, it wasn’t completely correct. As I waited for the missing items to be included, the two women working in the lobby began to talk to me. How is your day going, that sort of thing. Uncharacteristically, I said pretty rotten. This is just one more delay, one more incorrect order, one more time of unnecessary waiting. It’s pretty much how my day has gone, however. Then, instead of ignoring me and my grumpy reply, before I knew it, they had me laughing. I felt much better. I’ll probably never see these two ladies again, but they certainly made an impression on me and I thanked them! 

Hopefully it will also remind me the next time I encounter someone who seems grumpy is that all they might need is just a listening ear from a stranger. 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment